ABOUT WOMEN'S MID-LIFE HEALTH CENTRE OF SASKATCHEWAN
Improving women’s lives through better health during mid-life and beyond.
The Women’s Mid-Life Health Centre of Saskatchewan Inc. helps women in several ways by providing a variety of resources to:
• women who are approaching menopause (called peri-menopause)
• women who are in the post-menopausal phase of life
• referring physicians
• other associated health care professionals such as pharmacy, nutrition, nursing, medical and nursing students.
Our Centre helps women to make informed decisions about their mid-life health by:
• exploring options to manage their peri/post menopausal symptoms
• promoting healthy lifestyle choices to prevent disease
• identifying women at higher risk of disease through appropriate screening
• providing diagnosis and optimal treatment
Our Centre is committed to providing:
1. Education, information, assessment, diagnosis and treatment for women who have been referred by their family doctor, nurse practitioner or naturopathic medicine doctor
2. Community education and information about menopause (peri and post) through free public forums and at your work-place.
3. Information and learning opportunities for clinicians and students of other health related areas.
4. Participation in research.
5. Collaboration with other health care-giving agencies.
6. Collaboration and information-sharing with other nationally and international menopause clinics.
7. Commitment to maintaining the most current research-based knowledge about women’s health
• Each fall our doctors and nurse attend the North American Menopause Society (NAMS) conference and every 3 years our Medical Director attends the International Menopause Society Conference. They are NAMS Certified Menopause Practitioners.
•The services provided by the Centre enhance the continuing care provided by family physicians and specialists.
How Do We Do All This?
The Women’s Mid-Life Health Centre is a registered charitable organization. It is funded completely by generous donations from individuals and corporations. These donors see the great value of this unique service for women and their families in our province, because they know
“If momma ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy!”
Here are the People Who Make it Happen.
Vicki Holmes MD, NCMP
Referral Clinic and Health Promotion
Vicki Holmes MD, NCMP
Sarah Nixon-Jackle RN BScN NCMP
Kathy Leite Medical Administration Assistant
The Women’s Mid-Life Health Centre is successful with the help and dedication of our many volunteers
• Plans and assists at the annual Women’s Dinner and Art Auction
• Arranges other awesome and exciting fundraising events
Resource and Information Committee
• Newsletter mailing bee four times per year
• Planning for free public forums
• Assisting at the forums
• Editing articles
Would you like to volunteer to join an awesome group of women who have fun while accomplishing so many helpful tasks? See Below!